Saturday, December 19, 2015

Merry Christmas DIY Matcha Lavender Honey Sugar Scrub

Today I am in the mood of being busy in the kitchen.....
not for baking, not cooking, but making my own sugar scrub!

I want to give handmade gifts for some friends, hence this:
Matcha Lavender Honey Sugar Scrub

Matcha Lavender Honey Sugar Scrub Christmas DIY
Ingredients:
  • Cane Sugar or Brown Sugar (preferably Organic one) 
  • Manuka Honey (This is what I use)
  • Matcha (I got it from Uwajimaya)
  • Lavender USDA Certified Organic Essential Oil (I got mine here)
  • Jojoba Oil (I need it last minute so I went to GNC)

I used 1 cup of sugar with 2 tsp of matcha, 2 tsp of manuka honey, 1 Tbs  of Jojoba Oil, and 4 drops of lavender oil

Mixed all of them and healthy skin for the holiday is coming your way!

Choosing only the best ingredients!
Matcha's benefits:  At first I was debating whether I want to use matcha or green tea- then I read this article, so I decided to go with Matcha!
Manuka Honey: read here for benefits
Jojoba Oil: Known as the best carrier oil to treat acne (here)
Lavender USDA Certified Organic Essential Oils: " Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. It's great for beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations."- Poofy Organics

No comments:

Post a Comment