Friday, November 6, 2015

Ava Anderson, what else are you hiding?

Before I learned about Poofy Organics, I tried 4 products of Ava Anderson Non Toxic (AANT) and I enjoyed couple of them (Deep Conditioner and Boo Boo Stick), so-so on the Dream Cream, dislike the Bathroom & Hard Surface All purpose Cleaner because it is ineffective.
My search for Non-Toxic Products continues until I stumble upon this page:
http://ecofriendlymamausa.com/2015/04/21/why-ava-anderson-remains-on-my-so-so-list-2/

I cannot believe that Ava Anderson used to contain Geogard Ultra (sodium benzoate & gluconolactone) - synthetic preservatives!
https://gogreenct.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/my-fda-complaint-against-ava-anderson-nontoxic/

Further on, on Eco Friendly Mama USA blog, she writes:
"Past issues that lead to me being wary of their claims: Many felt their diaper cream contained zinc oxide, but the label didn’t list it. Turns out eventually they did come out & say “oops, yes, there is zinc oxide in there, but don’t worry, it’s just a small amount”,  and then they added it to the label. Of course since they don’t make the products themselves they were able to pin it on the manufacturer & take no personal responsibility whatsoever. Why does this matter: What if your child was deathly allergic to zinc oxide, Zinc oxide is not cloth diaper safe, as it repels water, and we as the consumer have the right to know every, single ingredient in our products. So, this is where the trust issue comes into play. As with the CA baby reformulation scandal (Google the term if you’re unfamiliar with that), once something like this happens, my trust in the company & products is lost forever."

YES. MY trust in AANT and products is LOST FOREVER.

CA baby reformulation scandal- http://safemama.com/2012/01/21/california-baby-reformulation-drama/


What else are you hiding, AANT??

Btw, if you are looking for effecting cleaning products, use NORWEX Microfiber cloths- just add water and for my baby & my personal skin care products and cosmetics, I use Poofy Organics

No comments:

Post a Comment